Significant snow and hazardous conditions are expected in the Greensboro area and on campus tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 8, with 2 to 3 inches of snow currently forecast for our area. Travel to and from campus is expected to be seriously affected throughout the day and especially during the morning and afternoon commute.
- On Friday, Jan. 8, all normal College business operations will be virtual.
- New residential student check-in will still be available in Founders Hall from 8 a.m. to noon.
- COVID testing scheduled for Friday has been canceled. Communication will be available soon for those who signed up for a testing time slot on Friday. Updates about COVID testing for Saturday (currently scheduled for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) will be available as soon as the College can confirm scheduling. COVID testing is also scheduled for Sunday and Monday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For this specific weather event and with students scheduled to begin arriving on campus tomorrow, we're applying the College’s weather-emergency policy as follows:
- Essential personnel should report to work on their regular schedule unless notified differently by a direct supervisor.
- Staff members who have been working on campus should consult with their direct supervisor about any work that may be completed remotely.
- Staff members who are already working remotely should complete their normal work schedule.
- Students who were planning or scheduled to check-in on Friday should look for a separate email with further information and instructions.
Additional communication will be provided as needed. Please continue to check your Guilford email.