Information on TouchNet
TouchNet is where you can access Guilford College’s Billing and Payments:
- Access up-to-date account balance and activity.
- View and print official account statements.
- Make secure ACH and Credit Card (add fee applies) payments.
- Enroll in payment plans.
- Authorize parents and others to have access to your student account.
Notice: Direct deposit will be mandatory starting FALL 2022 and going forward. Read below to find how to set up direct deposit. You'll log in to TouchNet using your G# and Banner Web PIN.
- Click “Personal Profile.”
- Click “Payment Profile.”
- Under “Add New Payment Method,” insert “Electronic Check (checking/savings) in the “Method” box. Click Select.
- After clicking “Select,” enter the information you are prompted to answer.
- Under Refund Options, if this is the account you desire to receive funds, check the box. If not, complete this process to add an additional Electronic Check to receive refunds.
- Click Continue and Finish.
- You can add an authorized user by logging into TouchNet from your student center and selecting “Authorized Users.” Once selecting this option, follow the prompts for information requested. Your authorized user will receive an email to complete the process.
- On Mobile, you may have to scroll down to see this option.
How to Make Payments: Account Balances are due by the First Day of Class
Payment plan enrollment will be available through TouchNet beginning July 1. Enrollment must take place no later than July 14 for five installments. Each installment is due on the 15th of each month. For more information, visit this Billing and Payments webpage.
Payment plan enrollment will be available through TouchNet beginning Nov. 20. Enrollment must take place no later than Dec. 15 for five installments. Each installment is due on the 15th of each month.
- View your balance and click Make Payment tab at the top of the page
- Select the Current account balance option and enter the dollar amount to be paid. Click continue.
- Verify the Payment Amount, select the Payment Method, and click Continue.
- Checks and money orders can be mailed to the Office of Student Accounts. All checks should be made payable to Guilford College and include the student’s G# number
- Checks/Money Orders should be mailed to:
- Guilford College, Office of Student Accounts, P.O. Box 18743, Greensboro NC 27419
- Overnight and certified mail should be mailed to:
- Attn: Office of Student Accounts, Guilford College, 5800 West Friendly Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27410
- Cash, check, and money order payments may be made in person in the Office of Student Accounts located in the basement of the New Garden building.
Perkins and Institutional Loan Repayment
Taking out a loan creates a binding legal obligation for repayment. Students should make sure they fully understand their rights and responsibilities related to all loans.
- These loans are different from Federal and private loans in that Guilford College is the lender. Guilford College works with ECSI as the loan servicer. This means that students with one of these loans will need to communicate directly with Guilford and/or ECSI if they have any questions.
- Live Assistance Monday-Friday 7:30AM-9:00PM
- 24 hrs access to automated services
- Please report any of the following changes immediately to ECSI:
- Name, address, telephone number, or email address changes
- Enrollment drops below half time status
- Withdrawal from school
- Transfer to another school
- New eligibility for cancellation benefits
- Enlistment in the military
- New documented disability
- Students must begin repaying their loans nine months after leaving Guilford College, whether it is by withdrawal or graduation. As payments become due, interest accrues on the account at an Annual Percentage Rate of 5% Payments are based on a repayment term of 10 years and the balance owed, with a minimum monthly payment of $40.
- It is important to pay and pay on time as loans are one of the first opportunities students have to establish credit. According to Federal Law, Guilford College is required to report all student loans to a national credit bureau. Loans are reported when opened and each month for the life of the loan until it is paid in full. Every on time payment improves credit score, while every late or missed payment damages credit score.
Student Accounts FAQ
Refunds are processed weekly and sent to the direct deposit information on file in TouchNet. If you are not currently enrolled in direct deposit, you will need to enroll to receive your refund if you are owed one. Please keep your banking information current to ensure delivery of all refunds when processed.
A 1098-T Form is an informational form issued to students to help determine eligibility for certain educational tax credits.
Box 1: Payments Received
- The total in Box 1 includes all payments received by Guilford College in the calendar year that pay for qualified tuition and related expenses. (QTRE) as defined by the IRS. QTRE includes payments from students and families, advance deposits, loans, scholarships, grants, and third party sponsor payments. Only the portion of the payments applied to QTRE is reported in Box1.
Box 2: Amounts Billed
- Box 2 will be left blank.
Box 4: Adjustments to a Prior Year
- Box 4 reports adjustments including changes made to items originally reported in Box 1 or Box 2 in a prior calendar year. The amount reported in Box 4 represents a reduction in tuition billed during a prior calendar year.
Box 5: Scholarships or Grants
- Box 5 includes scholarships, grants, and payments from a corporate or government sponsor. Per IRS regulations, Box 5 includes any payments made by someone other than the student or family.