Greater Greensboro Consortium
Take Courses at Other Institutions
Guilford College is a member of the Greater Greensboro Consortium. Degree-seeking Guilford students may cross-register for approved courses at any consortium institution without additional charges beyond the payment of Guilford tuition, unless the selected courses carry a special fee.
Besides Guilford, the Greater Greensboro Consortium includes Bennett College, Elon University, Greensboro College, Guilford Technical Community College, High Point University, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Cross-registration privileges assume courses are of a general nature acceptable to Guilford College and are not offered at Guilford during the selected term.
- You must obtain approval from your adviser, department chair(s) and the registrar to register for consortium classes.
- The consortium operates during the fall and spring semesters only.
- You must be enrolled for at least half of your credits at Guilford College before registering for consortium courses.
- All consortium credits apply toward your enrollment status at Guilford College. Consortium coursework affects your grade point average and number of credits earned.
- Rules, regulations and deadlines in effect on the host campus apply to all consortium students taking courses on the campus.
- Consortium parking decals may be obtained from the Guilford College Office of Public Safety in Bauman Hall.
- Library resources are shared by consortia members, with many college libraries’ holdings available online through Guilford’s computers.
- Dual admission and dual enrollment outside of the cross-registration procedures are prohibited, and any changes to consortium registration, including adding or dropping courses, must be done at Guilford and the consortium school.
- Consortium academic calendars may be different than Guilford’s, which may delay reporting of final grades. If you are a senior in your last semester before graduation, please note the host school is under no obligation to report your consortium grades early or give exams early to accommodate students. Grades from consortium courses may arrive after graduation and thereby delay a student’s graduating. Students should check a consortium school’s academic calendar before registering for classes there.
How to Register
- Visit the Office of the Registrar to obtain the Greater Greensboro Consortium Cross-Registration Form.
- Complete the form and obtain the required signatures of your adviser and department chair(s).
- Bring the signed, completed form to the Office of the Registrar for the registrar’s approval and signature.
- Take three copies (yellow, pink and goldenrod) of your approved consortium registration form to the Office of the Registrar at your host campus during their add period.
- Keep your student copy of the cross-registration form after final approval is obtained from your host campus. You will need it to use library facilities, obtain a parking decal and to drop a course.
Please note: Submitting the cross-registration form is not a guarantee of registration. There is no guarantee that space will be available in your chosen course. The form must be submitted to the host consortium school, and the host consortium school will approve or deny registration.