Guilford Undergraduate Symposium (GUS)
Guilford’s Undergraduate Symposium (GUS) provides students an opportunity to showcase the original work they pursue in classes, senior projects and theses and at venues outside Guilford's campus. For more information, email email@example.com.
GUS takes places each April. Registration opens early in the spring semester.
- Poster: Presenters will be provided with a 48-inch-by-36-inch board and easel for displaying work.
- Short talk: Each short talk is allotted 15 minutes in the schedule: 12 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for questions.
- Exhibition: Any type of exhibition that requires space beyond that needed for a poster should be submitted under this category.
- Performance: Music, poetry, dramatic reading and theater fall under this category. Performances will be allotted 20 minutes in the schedule.
- Panel discussion: A panel discussion is a group of several presenters addressing a single topic. Each panel discussion is allotted 30 minutes in the schedule: 25 minutes for the presenters and 5 minutes for questions.
Yes. An abstract is due roughly two weeks before the symposium. It should be no more than 200 words and provide a brief description of your presentation for a general audience. It should contain your final title and the list of all authors/presenters. For more information, refer to the GUS Canvas.