Resources for Guilford College Students With Disabilities
The Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) provides support and accommodations for students with disabilities. Our mission is to assure that all students have equal access to programs and services offered by Guilford College. We are passionate about creating an accessible living and learning environment for students of all abilities, and we provide a broad array of services to support students with accessibility needs. We are here to empower students to become strong self advocates, and we aim to work closely with the community to identify and remove barriers. We do this work out of a passion for equity and social justice, in accordance with Guilford's Core Values, and in compliance with the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
The ARC provides referrals and accommodations for students with disabilities that impair major life functioning or limit the student's ability to live and learn. Here are some common conditions that Guilford students receive services for:
- Visual and Hearing Impairments
- Chronic Illness
- Physical Disability
- Cognitive or Intellectual Disability
- Learning Disability
- Mental, Psychological, or Emotional Conditions
- Illness or injury
How to Apply for Accommodations
All students seeking accommodations or support for a disability should follow the following three-step process. This includes incoming first-years, transfers, Early College (ECG), graduate, consortium, and current students who are new to the ARC. Learn more about your rights, and the differences between high school and college, from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Register with the ARC: Disclose disability status by completing the Registration Agreement Form online.
- Provide Documentation: Provide evidence of your diagnosis and the impact of your disability. Learn more about what paperwork you need by reading our Documentation Guidelines.
- Meet with ARC for Intake: Meet with the ARC Director to develop an accommodation and support plan. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.