At Guilford College, we provide an accessible digital environment that enhances the user experience for all, including those with disabilities. We commit to creating an inclusive and accessible online space that accommodates users with assistive technology, ensuring that all visitors can engage fully with our content.
Our website is designed with the following features to ensure ease of access:
- Intuitive navigation
- Screen reader compatibility
- Keyboard accessibility; and
- High-contrast color schemes for greater readability
Additionally, our website adheres to the federally mandated Section 508 compliance standards, as well as the best practices outlined in the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Some of these best practices include:
- Alternative text for non-text content
- Control of Time-Sensitive Content by providing mechanisms for users to pause, stop, or hide any moving, blinking, or scrolling information that starts automatically.
- Accessible forms
- Keyboard-only navigation ensures all functionalities are accessible through keyboard use alone.
Ongoing Efforts and Continuous Improvement
We recognize that creating an accessible platform is an ongoing effort. Guilford College is committed to continuous improvement and has adopted evolving standards for accessibility.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so, strive to adhere to the available standards and guidelines to the highest level possible.
How to Report a Digital Accessibility Issue
If you are in need of assistance with our website or discover a webpage that is not accessible or does not conform to WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines, please notify us via email at email@example.com.
For all other accessibility-related questions or requests, visit our Accessibility Resource Center.