Commencement Weekend Schedule
- 11 a.m. — Baccalaureate in Dana Auditorium for graduates and their guests, faculty and staff
- 12 p.m. — Picnic on the quad for faculty, staff and graduating seniors and their guests that attend Baccalaureate
- 1:30 p.m. — Graduation rehearsal on the quad (for graduates only)
- 2 p.m. — Alumni Association Ice Cream Social on the quad immediately following rehearsal (for graduates only)
- 7:30 a.m. — Graduates should be ready outside Founders Hall and the Joseph M. Bryan Jr. Plaza at 7:30 a.m. and in line by 8 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m. — We cordially ask that guests be seated by this time. Please join us for a reception to celebrate our amazing graduates immediately following the ceremony on the quad.
- 9 a.m. — Commencement ceremony on the Guilford College Quad (Rain site will be Ragan Brown Gym.)
Information for Family Members and Guests
Congratulations on the momentous and significant achievement of your student in becoming a Guilford College graduate! The Guilford community and the extended family of alumni are eager to celebrate with you. For those of us who work with your student, these four years went by far too quickly. It seems only a short time ago that we welcomed them as first-year students on Move-In Day. We are proud of their achievements and look forward to seeing the bright future that awaits them.
The College will engage the services of a photographer, who will photograph each graduating senior as their diploma is presented. We provide this service to ensure this moment is captured, relieving parents and friends of any need for photographing. An email will be sent to the graduating senior the week after Commencement with proofs and information on how to order. You can also search the photo proofs at gradimages.com.
We have discounted rates specifically for Commencement weekend at the following hotels. You may also want to consider this list of year-round accommodations.
1517 Westover Terrace 27408
Enter the promo code GuilfordCollegeK if you select a King Single; GuilfordCollegeQ if you select a Queen Single; or GuilfordCollegeDD if you select a Double.
624 Green Valley Rd, 27408
304 North Greene Street, 27401
Last day to book: 4/6/18
Holiday Inn Coliseum
3005 West Gate City Boulevard, 27403
In addition to regularly marked handicapped parking spaces, the entire section of parking on George Fox Drive between New Garden Road and Levi Coffin Drive will be reserved for handicapped spaces during Commencement. For more information, please visit the Campus Map and Parking page.
The Office of Alumni and Parent Relations encourages families and friends of the Class of 2018 to share news of this milestone with their hometown newspaper(s) and websites. To make this easy for you, we have prepared a downloadable template you may customize by including details about your student's Guilford experience. Get instructions and the template at the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations webpage for seniors.
A special viewing area will be provided in the Carnegie Room of Hege Library for anyone with special needs. Feel free to utilize this space for wheelchair accessibility and live streaming.
If you or any guests in your party request special accommodations, please let us know by filling out this brief form prior to April 27.