Commencement Weekend Schedule
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. — Toast to the Light, Founders Patio
- 11 a.m. — Baccalaureate in Dana Auditorium (Parents and families are welcome to and encouraged to attend.)
- 12 p.m. — Picnic on the Quad for faculty, staff, graduating seniors, parents, and families
- 1:30 p.m. — Graduation rehearsal on the Quad (graduates only)
- 4 p.m. — Sankofa BAGC Pinning Ceremony, Hege Library, Carnegie Room
- 7:30 a.m. — Graduates should be ready outside Founders Hall and the Joseph M. Bryan Jr. Plaza at 7:30 a.m. and in line by 8 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m. — We cordially ask that guests be seated by this time. Please join us for a reception to celebrate our amazing graduates immediately following the ceremony on the Quad.
- 9 a.m. — Commencement ceremony on the Guilford College Quad. The ceremony is expected to last 2 to 3 hours from processional to recessional.
Information for Family Members and Guests
Congratulations on the momentous and significant achievement of your student in becoming a Guilford College graduate! The Guilford community and the extended family of alumni are eager to celebrate with you on Commencement Day.
For those of us who work with your student, these four years went by far too quickly. It seems only a short time ago that we welcomed them as first-years on Move-In Day. We are proud of all of their achievements and look forward to seeing the bright future that awaits them.
We have discounted rates specifically for Commencement at the following hotels. Our list of year-round accommodations is also available.
Holiday Inn Greensboro
Contact them directly and mention Guilford College.
3005 West Gate City Boulevard, Greensboro, NC 27403
4400 West Wendover Ave, Greensboro, NC 27407
In addition to regularly marked parking spaces for those with special needs, the entire section of parking on George Fox Road between New Garden Road and Levi Coffin Drive will also be reserved for these guests. For more information, please visit the Campus Map and Parking page.
The College will engage the services of a photographer who will photograph each graduating senior individually as their diploma is presented. We provide this service to ensure this moment is captured, thus relieving parents and friends of any need for photographing. An email will be sent to the graduating senior the week after Commencement with proofs and information on how to order. You can also search the photo proofs at www.gradimages.com.
Share news of this milestone with your hometown newspaper(s) and websites. Read more at guilford.edu/seniors.
A special viewing area will be provided in the Carnegie Room of Hege Library for language translation, families with small children, closed-captioning for the Deaf/hard of hearing, and anyone with special needs. Feel free to utilize this space for wheelchair accessibility and live streaming.
If you or any guests in your party request special accommodations, including sign-language interpretation, please let us know by filling out this brief form prior to April 27.