Commitment to Affordability
97 percent of Guilford’s traditional first-year students receive financial assistance. Learn how you can do the same.
100% Get Aid
Talk about making college affordable! Our entire class of 2017 received scholarship money.
Members of Guilford’s highly selective Bonner Scholars Program, who are awarded $2,500 annually in stipends, collectively spend more than 24,000 hours each year volunteering in the community.
$23,032 Financial Aid Average
As our average financial aid package shows, Guilford is committed to giving you an exceptional education at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Our Financial Aid counselors are available to answer any questions you may have before you add or drop a class.
Depending on when you withdraw, you may be eligible for a tuition refund. Contact the Office of the Registrar to learn more. In addition, contact the Office of Financial Aid to find out how withdrawing could affect your aid package.
Fall semester tuition is due Aug. 15.
Here's an explanation of all our fees.
- Student Activity Fee is used to fund student organizations.
- Orientation Fee is a one-time charge to help pay for Guilford orientation, alcohol education, meals and small group sessions.
- Injury and Sickness is a fee for insurance through Guilford if you don't already have a plan. If you don’t want this insurance, visit studentcenter.uhcsr.com and select “Guilford” to initiate the online waiver process. The waiver deadline is August 31.
- Athletic insurance is required if you intend to participate in one of our NCAA athletic teams.
- Motor Vehicle Registration Fee is automatically charged to your account at the beginning of the academic year. If you don’t require parking, then notify the Office of Student Accounts to have this fee waived.
- Room and Board: Unmarried students under the age of 23 are required to live on campus and eat in our dining facilities. If you’re a local student, you can apply to live at home with your parents or guardians. Contact the Residential and Housing office to learn more.