About the Program
- Students must be Guilford College graduates.
- Students must be within two years of their graduation date.
In its pilot year, up to three students will be selected to serve as Guilford College Presidential Fellows.
These students will pursue their master’s degrees full time in one of Guilford’s graduate programs: Business Administration, Criminal Justice, or International Sport Management.
They will also work 20 hours per week in an administrative office at Guilford that aligns with their skills and interests: Advancement and Alumni Relations, Communications and Marketing, or the Office of the Provost.
Accepted students must maintain good academic standing during their participation in the program. The fellowship will last as long as the student is in the master’s program, with a maximum of 18 months.
Students who participate will receive:
- Full tuition coverage for their master’s program
- On-campus housing
- Stipend of $2,000 per month
- Higher-education administrative experience that they can use to leverage their careers following the completion of their master’s degree programs.
A selection process for students who will serve in the first cohort of the Guilford Presidential Fellowship Program will occur in late April or early May 2022. It is anticipated that the program will begin in August 2022.
How to Apply
The application deadline is April 29, 2022.
To apply, please submit the following materials to Kathryn Shields, Professor of Art and Associate Academic Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of interest
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Answers to the following questions (250 to 500 words each):
- What are your career goals, and how will this opportunity enhance them?
- With which of the Guilford College administrative offices are you interested in working?
- What relevant skills, abilities, and interests will you bring to this program?
- Tell us about your Guilford story, especially where instances of Guilford’s Core Values played a role in your development.