Skip to main content

Listed below are some resources that can help you if you suspect that your friend or loved one is misusing or abusing or addicted to alcohol or drugs. 

Campus Resources

Counseling Center: The Counseling Center is located next to the Pines, near the lake. It is open Monday-Friday 8:30AM to 5PM. Make an appointment by calling 336-316-2163 or emailing or drop by the Center in person. For emergencies during office hours, call or come by and let someone know that you need help immediately! 

Public Safety (P-Safe): To reach the officer on duty, call 336-316-2911 (Dial x2911 from a campus phone) or 336-316-2909 (Dial x2909 from a campus phone)
RA or Community Director: These folks are the “front-line” resources for students in need of assistance. *Note: RA’s change every year so be sure that you know who your RA is.

  • Community Director of Binford, English, and Mary Hobbs Halls:
    • Jenny Bingham (she/her/hers), email: phone: (336)316-2854 office: 117 Binford Hall
  • Community Director of Bryan, Milner, and Shore Halls:
    • Colin Nollet (they/them/theirs), email:  phone: (336)316-2880 office: Shore Hall Office
  • Community Director of East, North, and South Apartments:
    • Michelle Ward (she/her/hers), email:  phone: (336)316-2516 office: East Apartments 807 Office

Student Health Services: The College provides access to a full-range of expert medical services and care through a partnership with Eagle Physicians. Eagle Physicians is located at 1210 New Garden Road in Greensboro. They are open Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM. Their phone number is 336-274-6515. 


Community Resources

  • 911 - call for any campus and off campus emergencies

If your friend or loved one has any of the following symptoms, call 911 immediately. 

  • Loss of consciousness after using drugs 
  • Loss of consciousness after drinking alcohol, especially if 5 or more drinks were consumed in a short period of time 
  • Had a seizure
  • Had been drinking or using drugs and is seriously considering suicide
  • Has a history of heavy drinking or heavy drug use and has severe withdrawal symptoms, such as confusion and severe trembling. Certain severe withdrawal symptoms can cause death.

Family Service of the Piedmont
315 E Washington Street, Greensboro NC 27401
Greensboro Crisis Line 336-273-7273
General Contact 336-387-6161

Greensboro Police Department: Non-emergency line 336-373-2222

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
810 Summit Ave., Greensboro, NC 27405

Greensboro Area of Narcotics Anonymous (GSO-NA)
24-hour hotline — 866.375.1272

Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS)
1101 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC, 27401
Email a counselor at 

Triad Behavioral Resources
810 Warren Street, Greensboro, NC 27403

Alcohol/Drug Council of N.C.: *Provides information and referrals — 1-800-688-4232

NC Good Samaritan Law: The Good Samaritan Law in North Carolina protects people who ask for help from 911, the police, or E.M.S. because they or another person is having a drug overdose. People cannot be tried in court for having small amounts of drugs or items used to take or store drugs (drug paraphernalia) if the police find the drugs or drug paraphernalia because the person was asking for help for an overdose. They will also not get in trouble with their parole or probation officer if police find small amounts of drugs or drug paraphernalia on them when they are trying to get help for an overdose. People who seek help for someone who is having an overdose must give their own name to 911 or to the police who come to help. 


National Resources

Addiction Center

1.855.441.8814 is a referral service that provides information about alcohol, drugs, and addiction-treatment practitioners and facilities.

SAMHSA’s National Helpline
1.800.662.HELP (4357)
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. They provide referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information. The hotline is available 24/7, 365 days a year and offer services in English and Spanish. 

National Drug Helpline
The National Drug Helpline is a free, confidential resource and information service for people facing mental and/or substance use disorders. It is available 24/7, but may be closed on Holidays.

RehabSPOT is a free, confidential 24/7 resource and information service that provides resources about addiction and treatment options.