Skip to main content

Guilford College COVID-19 Hotline — 336.316.2319

Learn more about how to use the hotline on the College's COVID-19 Information page.

Billing and Payments

Important Information – Please Read Carefully


The TouchNet portal allows you to view your student account activity in real-time to include choosing a refund option, viewing the status and history of refunds, view and print current account statements, make credit card and electronic check payments, add authorized users, and set up payment plans.

Tuition and Fees

Students are expected to settle the balance due on their student account by the semester due date.  Account balances may be paid in full or in monthly installments via a TouchNet payment plan. Semester due dates and payment plan enrollment dates will be posted in the Announcement section on the TouchNet homepage.

Once registered, students are officially enrolled at Guilford College and are financially responsible for charges. If you do not plan to enroll at Guilford College, you must complete a withdrawal form through the OFFICE OF ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS to OFFICALLY WITHDRAW from your classes.  Students who officially and completely withdraw from Guilford College BEFORE the first official day of classes will receive a full refund of tuition and academic and student activity fees assessed.  However, any non-refundable deposits will not be refunded.

Tuition charges and room and board (where applicable) are prorated for students who officially and completely withdraw after the beginning of classes.  For more information on the prorated schedule of charges, review “Withdrawal Procedures” in the College Catalog.

*Note: Payments made online via TouchNet using any Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express cards will be assessed a non-refundable 2.85% convenience fee with a minimum charge of $3.00. Payments made by check, certified check or money order, should be made payable to Guilford College and mailed to: Guilford College | Attn: Student Accounts | P.O. Box 18743 | Greensboro, NC 27419-8743

Check, cash, certified check, and money order payments are accepted in the Registrar & Student Accounts Office, located in the basement of New Garden Hall.

VA Benefits

Students who are applying for VA benefits must have their classes certified through our VA Benefits Specialist immediately following registration. Contact Alfred Moore at 336.316.2151 or for additional information.

Holds/Financial Obligations

If financial obligations to the college are not settled in full by the due date, the account will be considered past due. An Accounts Receivable Hold will be placed on accounts with past due balances after the first day of classes which will prevent students from obtaining grades and transcripts, from checking-in for the current semester, and from registering for subsequent semesters.*

*Note:  A $250 late fee is assessed after the first day of classes if the current balance due is not settled by payment in full or enrollment into a payment plan, where applicable.

Reimbursement Information

To the extent funds paid to Guilford College on behalf of the student exceed the total amount of tuition, fees and other expenses due from the student, the College will refund excess payments (excluding non-refundable financial aid). These excess payments to a student's account from a Direct PLUS Loan, that a parent does not authorize the student to receive, will be reimbursed directly to the Direct PLUS Loan borrower via paper check. Excess amounts from all other refundable payment types will be refunded via TouchNet based on the student's Refund Method Selection. Reimbursement for students with refundable credit balances will be processed within ten business days, but after the last day to drop a class without a grade. Information relative to reimbursement of credit balances on accounts is available on TouchNet under Electronic Refunds. Guilford College recommends the Direct Deposit option as the easiest and fastest method to receive student reimbursements.

Quaker Card Funds

Below are the ways to add money to your Guilford College Quaker Card:

On Campus – Cash, Check, Money Order Office of Registrar and Student Accounts

Online – Credit or Debit cards Go to the Quaker Card web page:

By Mail – Check or Money Order Make payable to Guilford College and send to the address above If you receive financial aid funds and will receive a refund, you may also transfer an amount equal to or lesser than the amount of your refund (up to $450) by completing the Bookstore Credit Request Form. Contact with questions about this process.

Tax Information

Guilford College is required by the IRS to issue a 1098-T Form by January 31 to students with transactions during the calendar year. The 1098-T Form will report the amount of qualified tuition related expenses (QTRE) paid, and qualified scholarships and grants credited during the calendar year. The form will be available to the student via their BannerWeb account. Once logged into BannerWeb, select Student Record, and then Student Tax Notification to view and print the 1098-T Form. Remember, Guilford College cannot offer any tax advice or assistance. Please direct any tax questions to the IRS at 800.829.1040 or visit

Student Accounts | (336) 316-2123 |

Questions concerning your account not answered by the information above should be directed to Student Accounts. The Office of Registrar and Student Accounts is located in the basement of New Garden Hall and is open Monday-Friday from 8:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Financial Aid | (336)316-2354 |

Confirm your financial aid award is complete. This includes filing your FAFSA at each academic year, submitting all requested documents by the Office of Financial Aid, accepting loans on Banner Web, and, if you are a first-time borrower, completing Entrance Loan Counseling and the Master Promissory Note at When making payments on student accounts, adjustments should not be made for work-study awards as these funds are paid directly to the student when earned through a campus job. If you have any questions about the status of your financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor.

Outside Scholarships and Loans

A student awarded outside scholarships and loans must provide a confirmation letter indicating the source of such funds and the estimated payment date. Upon receipt of this letter by a financial aid counselor, the student’s account will be credited for the related scholarship or loan. If the College has not received payment of this external financial aid by the end of the semester, the student will be required to make such additional payments. I

f you are expecting outside scholarship funds that require a billing statement from Guilford College, please contact Paulette O. Esdaille at (336) 316-2463 or for assistance. If your scholarship requires proof of enrollment, an Enrollment Verification Certificate can be retrieved through the National Student Clearinghouse using your Banner Web. In the student tab, select Student Records then Student Enrollment Verification.  For assistance, please contact the Registrar staff at (336) 316-2121

Residential Education and Housing

For questions regarding housing and meal plans, you may contact the Office of Residential Education and Housing at (336) 316-2105 or by email at Residential Education and Housing is located on the second floor of Founders Hall.