Discover Your Future in the Life Sciences
From the North Carolina coast to the Galapagos Islands, pursue your passion for biology. As you immerse yourself in the study of living things, you'll change the way you see the world with hands-on experiences and innovative fieldwork.
Learn from inspirational faculty in small classes. Sharpen your skills with stimulating projects in Guilford's exceptional laboratories. Our challenging courses will prepare you for a lifetime of incredible exploration and dynamic leadership roles in the natural sciences.
You can choose from two biology degree options:
- The A.B. in Biology enables you to connect your interest in biology to fields like scientific illustration, science writing or environmental law.
- The B.S. in Biology is ideal if you plan on attending graduate school to pursue medicine, dentistry, veterinary science or an allied health profession.
Minors are available in forensic science and three additional tracks: general biology, field biology and cell and molecular biology.
Biology students benefit from amazing opportunities
- Interning at an intensive care unit, psychiatric facility or veterinary hospital
- Performing international fieldwork in places from Kenya to Scotland
- Investigating aquatic life using advanced anatomy lab equipment
- Pursuing independent research
- Collaborating with students and faculty from other universities