How to Report a Bias Incident
If you have experienced or observed a bias incident, please report by doing the following:
Online: Report the incident here.
By phone or in person:
Interim Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
King Hall 108M
Director of Public Safety
Dean of Students
The Bias Incident Resource Group acts as the College’s first response team in addressing reported bias incidents in which no respondent can be identified. All reported bias incidents will be referred to the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion who will make an initial determination of whether the matter should be referred to the entire Bias Incident Resource Group for review. In making this determination, the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion may consult with the Director of Public Safety, the Director of Human Resources, depending on the nature of the bias incident and the involved parties. Should the Vice President decide not to refer the incident to the entire Bias Incident Resource Group, the Vice President may take any action that the Bias Incident Resource Group may perform, as stated below.
The Bias Incident Resource Group will meet in response to receiving a bias incident report referral from the Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The Bias Incident Resource Group shall consider and undertake the appropriate measures to address the incident. Such measures, depending on the nature and severity of the incident, may include:
- Supporting the affected person(s) through referrals to appropriate resources;
- Engaging community members to maintain a living, learning and working environment free from acts of bigotry, harassment, and intimidation;
- Assessing the circumstances of the incident as thoroughly and as quickly as possible;
- Making referrals to appropriate campus officials so that action can be taken;
- Identifying and assisting in implementing an appropriate educational response and community outreach; and
- Notifying the community, as appropriate.
The following individuals will serve on the College’s Bias Response Team:
- Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Director of Public Safety
- Dean of Students, or designee
- Director of Human Resources
- Assistant Director for Title IX Compliance
- Two student representatives appointed by the SGA; and
- Associate Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion