Guilford College will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 18. We’re letting you know now so that the community may prepare for this severe weather event. We should all expect that many community members — students, staff, and faculty — will lose power during this winter storm.
We are applying the College’s weather emergency policy as follows:
- All classes that meet in-person on Thursday, Feb. 18. are cancelled.
- Many faculty and/or many students will likely lose power during the storm, and therefore all classes that meet online are also cancelled for Thursday, Feb. 18.
All students should look for communication from faculty about their classes and their plans in the days ahead.
- Students who lose internet and phone connectivity due to weather conditions, and are then unable to participate in online classes or submit coursework, should be in contact with their professors as soon as feasible.
- Essential Personnel should report to work on their regular schedule on Thursday unless notified differently by a direct supervisor.
- All other staff are not required to report for work on Thursday, on-campus or remotely.
You will receive updates throughout the day tomorrow as needed. We will make an announcement regarding Friday, Feb. 19, no later than 6 p.m. Thursday once we see the impact of the storm.
Faculty will receive additional information from the Academic Dean’s Office. Students will receive additional information from the Office of Student Affairs.
All community members should monitor this extremely hazardous weather. Detailed and updated National Weather Service briefings can be found at:
Additional communication will be provided as needed. Please be prepared and stay safe!