The President and Cabinet of Guilford have recently approved a revised spring 2021 semester calendar to allow for greater health and safety protocols related to COVID-19.
Please note a number of changes made to continue to ensure the health and safety of the Guilford community.
- Spring break is cancelled due to the increased health risk to the community due to widespread travel typical of such week-long breaks.
- Students, faculty, and staff should plan to start the semester on time on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021. In the weeks before returning to campus, all community members are asked to practice vigilance in social distancing, wearing masks, and other measures.
- Students may begin to return to campus on Friday, Jan. 8. Returning to campus and testing procedures will be communicated to students in the upcoming weeks. Everyone returning to campus, including faculty and staff, will follow testing protocols.
- Students, faculty, and staff should plan to hold all classes remotely during the week of Jan. 11; no in-person instruction will be permitted that week. This period will allow sufficient social distancing and testing for everyone returning to campus in a safe and healthy manner. Following the MLK Jr. holiday, beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 19, any class planning to meet in person may begin doing so.
- All dates after what would be spring break will move forward by one week, including the three-week session. Also, Commencement is rescheduled from Saturday, May 15, to one week earlier on Saturday, May 8.
Thank you to the community for continuing to exercise care in support of the health and safety of everyone at Guilford and beyond. The service of Public Health interns, StayHealthy Student Ambassadors, RAs, faculty, and staff have provided a comprehensive and successful response to this pandemic that has allowed us to safeguard our community while ensuring another meaningful and rewarding academic year for our students.