Guilford College is undertaking a strategic planning process under the leadership of President Kyle Farmbry. The process will be community-driven and reflective of the College's Core Values and mission.
We are seeking input from faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, and friends through surveys, small-group discussions, and comments on the draft plan. We are organizing our work around a set of themes: academic engagement and student success, communication, community building, financial stability, and partnerships.
Guilford College's five-year strategic plan, covering the years 2023 through 2027, will guide us in aligning our resources to support the achievement of our institutional mission to: "Provide a transformative, practical, and excellent education that produces critical thinkers in an inclusive, diverse environment that is guided by Quaker testimonies of community, equality, integrity, peace, and simplicity and emphasizes the creative problem-solving skills, experience, enthusiasm, and international perspectives necessary to promote positive change in the world."
The following themes have been identified to organize our strategic-planning effort:
- Academic Engagement and Student Success: Enhance access, learning, and completion.
- Communication: Improve systems for internal and external communication using a variety of mediums.
- Community Building: Foster a positive working and learning environment for our campus.
- Financial Stability: Support long-term sustainability through sound financial processes and practices.
- Partnerships: Cultivate partnerships with individuals and organizations to support attainment of our mission.
To ask questions or share comments about the strategic plan, please email email@example.com.