The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to assist with the administration of academic programs and to serve as a liaison with the faculty and as a service office for students. The Office of the Registrar coordinates academic activities including, but not limited to, course registration for spring, summer and fall semesters, processing grades, creation, maintenance and protection of academic records, certification of students for continued enrollment and for graduation, official transcripts, general academic advising, transcript evaluations, assisting with commencement. The office maintains, interprets and monitors academic policy and communicates procedures to the faculty, students and the College’s other constituents. The registrar is a permanent member of the educational policy committee.

The Office of the Registrar supports the College’s external reporting requirements and its institutional research and academic planning activities by maintaining a comprehensive database of student academic and demographic information.


How do I get a copy of my official transcript?

Transcripts will not be issued if there is an outstanding financial or judicial obligation with Guilford.

Ordering Transcripts Online

Transcripts can be ordered online at

The fee is $10 per transcript (processed within five business days); rush option (processed within one business day) is $20 per transcript.

The online ordering is done through the National Student Clearinghouse. In the drop down menu, you will choose Guilford College. This will take you to our order form. The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options (Express mail, etc.) and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you would like in a single session. There is an electronic signature option. You must pay by credit card. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check your order status or history online at

You can request through the National Student Clearinghouse that your transcript be sent via electronic PDF for a $21.75 fee. You can also request through the National Student Clearinghouse that your transcript be sent via Electronic EXT for a $20.00 fee. Because this is a new technology we suggest that you contact your recipient and verify that he/she is willing to accept your transcript via this delivery method. If you request that Guilford College send your transcript via electronic PDF or electronic ETX and it is not accepted by the recipient, an additional fee will be charged to process another transcript. Electronic transcripts can only be viewed for 30 days.

If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, contact 703.742.7791 or If you have any other questions contact the Office of the Registrar at 336.316.2121.

Ordering Transcripts Through the Registrar’s Office

The fee is $10 per transcript (processed within five business days); rush option (processed within one business day) is $20 per transcript (plus any additional express mail fee (see below) if requesting transcript to be sent express mail).

A hard copy of the transcript will be mailed if you provide an address.

Express mail fee: $35 – United States, $45 – Canada and Mexico, $55 – International.

How to Place a Request

Transcript Department
Office of the Registrar
Guilford College
5800 West Friendly Avenue

Greensboro, NC 27410

You must include the following information:  

  • Your name as it was when you were a student
  • Your Guilford G number (student ID number) or social security number
  • Permanent address
  • Telephone number
  • Email address
  • Dates of attendance
  • Date of birth
  • Exact address for mailing your official transcript(s)
  • Number of transcripts needed
  • Whether or not transcript(s) should be in separate sealed envelope(s)
  • Credit card number with expiration date and security code
  • Signature giving Guilford permission to mail your official transcript
  • Payment and signature are required for the release of transcripts
How do I get a copy of my unofficial transcript?

Unofficial transcripts may be accessed via BannerWeb. You will need your G# and password information. 

Proof of Enrollment/Degree

How do I get proof that I was enrolled/received a degree from Guilford College?

Visit National Student Clearinghouse or call 703.742.4200 for verification.

VA Benefits

Apply for Veterans Benefits

New students who have never received VA benefits

To receive VA benefits at Guilford, you must:

  • Be admitted to the College as a degree-seeking student.
  • Apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs for education benefits. If approved, submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to VA Certifying Official.
  • Register for courses.
  • Complete and submit Veteran Responsibility Contract to VA Certifying Official.

Transfer students who have used benefits before at another institution

To receive VA benefits at Guilford, you must:

  • Be admitted to the College as a degree-seeking student.
  • Complete and submit VA Form 22-1995 (military and reservists) or 22-5495 (dependents/survivors) to VA Certifying Official.
  • Register for courses.
  • Complete and submit Veteran Responsibility Contract to VA Certifying Official.

Vocational Rehabilitation students

  • The process for receiving Chapter 31, Voc Rehab benefits is initiated with the Veterans Affairs Regional Office and coordinated with a case manager. Please call 800.827.1000, visit the Regional Office on 251 N. Main Street, Winston-Salem, NC, 27155 or see the Voc Rehab website.

Forms can be emailed, mailed, or faxed to the Office of the Registrar's VA Certifying Official. 

Guilford College
Office of the Registrar
5800 W. Friendly Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27410
Fax (336) 316-2948

Important Information for all VA students

Course Applicability: Only courses that satisfy requirements (see your degree evaluation on BannerWeb) can be certified for VA purposes.  If you take a course that does not satisfy a program requirement, it cannot be certified for VA purposes. Excessive free electives, for example, cannot be certified. Veteran Affairs does not allow payment for audited courses, courses for which transfer credit has been granted, and courses previously passed with a “D” or better (unless a better grade is required by your major for graduation). Courses that are credit/no credit graded (for example, PHYE 100 Physical Activity courses) can be certified for VA benefits only if the student is eligible for elective credit towards their current program of study.  Professional development workshops and courses taken for personal interest are not authorized for certification of VA education benefits.

Fast Track Courses: Fast track courses affect full-time status. For example, a VA student who registers for one full-term course, one fast track I course and one fast track II course will NOT be considered a full-time student by the VA. You must register for 12 credits and all courses must be full-term in order to receive the full-time benefit rate for the entire semester.

Training Time: Full benefits will be paid for 12 or more credit hours, ¾ time for nine - 11 credit hours, ½ time for six - eight credit hours, less than ½ time for four - five credit hours during normal fall and spring sessions. For one five-week summer session, four credit hours are considered full-time and for the ten-week summer session, seven credit hours are considered full-time. Payment rates are available on the VA website.

Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Rate of Pursuit: VA prorates housing allowance by rate of pursuit. Meaning, you must be registered for at least seven credits during the normal fall and spring terms to be eligible for the basic housing allowance. In order to receive the full basic housing allowance, you must be registered for 12 credits (three full-term courses). For one five-week summer session, four credits are considered full-time. For the ten-week summer session, seven credits are considered full-time. If you are not eligible for the 100% tier, housing payment is also prorated by tier.

Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Reduction in Credit Hours: An individual who withdraws from one or more courses will be charged an overpayment equal to the amount of ALL tuition and fees, basic housing allowance, and Yellow Ribbon, if applicable, for that period of enrollment. According to the Department of Veteran Affairs, all reductions in credit hours (regardless of when they occur) are student debts. Any overage of funds on a student’s account due to a withdrawal from a course(s) will be refunded to the student in accordance with Guilford’s established refund policies. The student (not Guilford College) will be responsible for repaying VA.

Payments: VA no longer pays for breaks between semesters; meaning, expect a prorated payment for the first and last months of the term. Also, it is important to note that because of the January term, the spring term now has a later start date which creates a significant break between fall and spring semesters.

For Post 9/11 GI Bill® students, tuition/ fees, and book stipend awards are scheduled 14 days prior to the start of the term. If you register for a fast track II course, VA will not send payment for tuition/ fees and books until later in the semester even though both sessions are certified at the beginning of the term.

Generally, Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Ch. 35 Survivors/Dependent students are paid the monthly allowance directly, at the beginning of each month for the previous month.  Ch. 30, 1606, and 1607 students receive payment within two weeks of verifying enrollment at the end of the month.

Grades: Please be aware that final grades can affect eligibility for benefits. Receiving a “W” grade may cause a large overpayment with the VA. “F” grades due to a lack of attendance will be reported to the VA and could also cause a large overpayment with the VA. Students must earn an overall 2.0 GPA each term to remain in good standing with the VA. Guilford is required to report a termination of benefits if an individual goes on academic suspension or dismissal. A termination of benefits will also result if there are two consecutive terms of GPA below 2.0.

Yellow Ribbon: Guilford is a Yellow Ribbon School. We have entered into an agreement with VA to fund up to 50 percent of the established charges not already covered under chapter 33. VA will match each additional dollar funded by the school. The combined amounts may not exceed the full cost of the school’s established charges. Only individuals entitled to the 100 percent benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding. Transfer of Entitlement spouses, when the transferor, service member is on active duty, are not eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program.
For Guilford Post 9/11 GI Bill® students, VA will pay up to $21,970.46 per year for tuition and mandatory fees. Once the $21,970.46 cap is exhausted, the Yellow Ribbon contributions can be applied.

For more information: If have you questions regarding how to start up your Veterans Benefits at Guilford College, please contact Linda Leonard, VA Certifying Official, at 336.316.2121 or

The Department of Veteran Affairs administers all benefit programs. If you need additional assistance, please call VA’s toll-free number 1.888.442.4551 to speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor. These counselors are there to help with educational questions and benefits. To apply for benefits and learn what is happening with VA, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Service website.

Sign up for an eBenefits account to research, find, access, and manage VA benefits and your personal information.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site

Student Records

Guilford College is committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of students’ information, and to compliance with the regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (known as FERPA). The purpose of this policy is to outline the College’s policies and procedures regarding the privacy of and access to student information.

FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. It provides students (or parents of dependent students) the following rights:

  • The right to inspect and review the student’s education records maintained by the school.
  • The right to request that a school correct records the student or parent believes to be incorrect. If the school does not elect to revise the student record, the parent or student may request a formal hearing.
  • The right to prevent the school from disclosing information from a student’s education record, with specific exceptions. These exceptions allow school officials access to students’ education records if such access is due to legitimate educational interest, such as in teaching, advising, educational support, financial aid, or institutional research.

FERPA allows schools to disclose certain limited information about students without prior consent – this information is called “directory” information, and includes the following: name, address, email address, telephone number, major, minor, anticipated date of graduation, enrollment status, date and place of birth, degrees, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. For student athletes, this information also includes height and weight.

Grades and Academic Progress Information
Guilford College may release grades and academic progress information to parents and/or legal guardians unless a student submits documentation to the Registrar’s Office proving financial independence or legal emancipation.

Financial Aid and Student Accounts Information
Guilford College may release financial aid and student accounts information to parents and/or legal guardians unless a student submits documentation to the Registrar’s Office proving independence or legal emancipation. 

Directory Information
On the Guilford College website, the external directory allows for the general public to search by a student’s name to obtain the student’s campus email address.  Also on the Guilford College website, the internal directory within GuilfordNet allows only Guilford College students, faculty, and staff to search by a student’s name or username to obtain the student’s email address and campus mailbox. Students may not elect for the internal directory information to be unpublished.

Students have the right to request that directory information be withheld from disclosure, within the constraints of the federal guidelines. To request this, please see a staff member in the Registrar’s Office, located on the first floor of New Garden Hall.

Requesting to View Educational Records
Students have the right to request to view their educational records.  To do so, the student must request, in writing, an opportunity to review the official educational records maintained by the College. Details about which office maintains which parts of the educational record are available below.

Requesting to Amend Educational Records
Students have the right to request the amendment of their educational record if the student believes it is inaccurate or misleading. A student must first request, in writing, an opportunity to review the official educational records maintained by the College. If the student believes the records are inaccurate or misleading, the student would then write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. The College has five business days to respond to the student request. If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.

Student records and where they are housed: 

  • Academic Curricular Records – Registrar’s Office
  • Academic Disciplinary Records – Academic Affairs Office
  • Admission Records – Admissions Office
  • Advising Records – the student’s assigned advisor
  • Disciplinary Records – Student Affairs Office
  • Financial Aid Records – Student Financial Services
  • Health Records – Student Health Services

The academic record of a student is maintained by the Registrar's Office and is kept by the College in perpetuity.

The student record of a student, excluding academic records, is coordinated by the Office for Campus Life. The student record is maintained by the Campus Life office for seven (7) years after the student graduates. Students wishing to review documents contained in their student record or their student conduct record must make such a request in writing to the Vice President for Student Affairs / Dean of Students. Students will be permitted to review these records in the Student Affairs Office. Certain student conduct records may not be viewed without being first redacted to protect the FERPA rights of other students mentioned in those records.
The health record of a student is maintained by Student Health Services, and by the Athletic Training office for student athletes. Information is not released without the student's written permission. Students are encouraged to notify their parents of illness or injury. Parents are notified by the College in the event of serious illness or injury or with the student's permission. Student Health Services and the Athletic Training office comply with the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 2003. The HIPAA Compliance Officer for the College is the Director of Human Resources. The health record, including immunization records, is maintained by the Student Health Center for seven (7) years after the student graduates.

FERPA Complaints:
If you feel that Guilford College has not complied with your privacy rights under FERPA, you have a right to file a complaint. The information necessary for filing such a complaint is available at the following site maintained by the federal government agency responsible for FERPA:

For more information about  FERPA:

Academic Calendar

Fri May 05

2017 Art Department Senior Thesis Exhibition - Disparate

Thru: Saturday, May 20, 2017Bauman Galleries, Founders Hall Visit this linkRead More
Fri May 05

Last Day to Request a Provisional "X" Grade for Regular/Intensive/Second Half of Semester Classes

Fri May 05

Opening Reception for the 2017 Art Department Senior Thesis Exhibition

7:00 PM - 9:00 PMBauman Galleries, Founders Hall
Mon May 08

I AM NOT PREJUDICED: Understanding and Addressing Unconscious Bias

2:30 PM - 3:45 PMKing Hall 222Read More
Wed May 10

Special Academic Events Period (no daytime classes) ends 5:00 p.m

Wed May 10

Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Annual Conference

9:30 AM - 2:00 PMCarnegie Room, Collaboratory, Hege LibraryRead More