The Guilford College Strategic Long-Range Plan 2011-2016: Outcomes of a Guilford College Education heavily emphasizes experiential learning (service-learning, internships, study away and undergraduate research) as an essential component of the Guilford experience.
At Guilford, a successful experiential learning program provides the following:
- A solid basis for career/vocational decisions.
- Broader perspectives about the communities in which they live, local, national and global.
- Integration of intellectual knowledge, “real world” experience and self understanding.
- Skills for reflection.
- Connections to Guilford’s mission to “promote positive change in the world” as well as to the core values.
- Demonstrated competence in “real world” settings.