- JPS 103: Community Problem Solving
- JPS 262: Restorative Justice
- JPS 335: Reclaiming Democracy: Dialogue, Decision-making and Community Action
- JPS 339: Research Methods
- JPS 447: Basic Group Facilitation
- IDS 410: Power, Politics and Public Schools
Campus and Community Involvement
- Serves on Guilford’s Clerk's Committee
- 2009-2010 Faculty Fellowship by the Center for Principled Problem Solving
- Giles, H.C. (2016, April). Finding music for the dance: Thoughts toward an arts and social justice curriculum at Guilford College. Faculty Research Presentation, Guilford College.
- Giles, H.C. (2016, February). Engaging in diverse ways: Exploring "visions of the possible" in community engagement. Presentation at Civic Engagement Institute, North Carolina Campus Compact, High Point University, High Point, North Carolina.
- Fernandes, J., Giles, H.C., Lawrence, B, Hinson, J., and Morris, W. (2015, May). The Quaker Peace Testimony and law enforcement: Exploring a new framework for the Justice and Policy Studies Department at Guilford College. National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education 2015, Washington, D.C.
- Participatory action research on gaps in shelter and housing in Greensboro, in collaboration with Guilford students and the Interactive Research Center (local day shelter for people experiencing homelessness)
- Participatory action research project on local police accountability, in collaboration with Guilford students and the Beloved Community Center of Greensboro
- Giles, H.C. (2014). Risky epistemology: Connecting with others and dissonance in community-based research. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning 20(2).
- Schulman, S., Jovanovic, S., Humphrey, F., Giles, H., Malotky, D., and Campbell, A. (in press, Fall, 2014). What kind of community? An inquiry into teaching practices that move beyond exclusion. Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement 5(1).
- Giles, H.C. (2013). [Review of the book Critical service-learning as revolutionary pedagogy: A project of student agency in action, edited by Brad Porfilio and Heather Hickman]. Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement 4(1), 79-83.
- Giles, H.C. (2012). Negotiating the boundary between the academy and the community, In D. Butin & S. Seider (eds.), The engaged campus: Certificates, minors and majors as the new community engagement. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.