All College publications will be coordinated through the Office of Marketing in order to reinforce the College’s values, highlight its strengths, elevate its position in the marketplace and to demonstrate what makes Guilford such a special place. The use of the College logo must be consistent with the Guilford College Branding Guidelines.
Purpose/Reason for Policy: To protect the Guilford College name, ensure the consistent and coherent promotion of the College's brand, and to provide direction, guidance and rules regarding the use of the College’s logo, signatures, emblem and seal.
Scope/Covered Persons: All members of the Guilford College community
- Publication: Any printed or electronic material designed to promote Guilford College, its people, programs, services or values.
- Logo: The logo is the defining symbol/feature of an identity that most people think of when they think of Guilford College. It includes the signatures and the emblem.
- Signatures: The standardized typography identifying the College, appearing on all College publications, including custom letterforms and subtle line-art depth.
- Emblem: The circular complementary logo mark to the signatures. It employs the iconic tree mark as well as the year the College was founded.
- Seal: The official College seal is used to prove authenticity on Guilford documents. It is exclusively reserved for official documents such as, Guilford College diplomas, commencement documents, transcripts, certificates, College catalog, formal letters and invitations.
All College publications must be cleared with the vice president of Marketing prior to being printed. Clearance involves editorial review, layout, and printing suggestions. The initial preparation of copy should be completed prior to contacting the Office of Marketing.
Consistency of style, typeface, logo, graphics, etc., should reflect the quality of the College while allowing flexibility appropriate to specific programs and subject matter.
The use of official Guilford College logos, wordmarks and the College seal must meet the requirements detailed in the Branding Guidelines document found here.
College letterhead stationery is to be used for official College business only. Faculty, administrators, staff, and student organizations should not use the stationery for carrying out their own personal business nor for the expression of their own particular views on public issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Vice President of Marketing: Responsible for overseeing College’s image, publications, and brand.
- All members of the Guilford College Community: Responsible for complying with the Guilford College Brand Guidelines and for clearing all publications that speak for the College with the Vice President of Marketing.
Compliance: Failure to comply with this policy may result in revocation of related privileges and/or disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Other related Policies, Regulations, Statutes and Documents: Guilford College Brand Guidelines
Procedures: For more information regarding compliance with the College’s Brand Guidelines, contact Director of Marketing Abby Langston, firstname.lastname@example.org, 336.316.2075.
Approval Authority: The Guilford College President
Responsible Office: Roger Degerman, Vice President of Marketing, New Garden Hall 103, 336.316.2072, email@example.com
Revision History: January 2018