University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill, Ph.D., English, 1991
Yale University Divinity School, M.A.R., 1981
Guilford College, A.B., Religious Studies, 1979
- “How to Teach About Nature While We Destroy It.” The Chronicle Review. [The Chronicle of Higher Education.] 27 January 2017. B4-B5.
- Quakers and Literature. Editor and writer of introduction. Vol. 3 of Quakers in the Disciplines series. [Philadelphia]: Friends Association for Higher Education, 2016.
- “John Keats and Ethical Practice.” Quaker Perspectives in Higher Education, Friends Association for Higher Education (2014).
- “‘Permanently Valuable’: Victorian Christian Literary Annuals and the Commodification of Religion.” Victorians Institute Journal (2010).
- Divining Desire: Tennyson and the Poetics of Transcendence, Ashgate (2000).
- "Tennyson, D.W. Griffith, and Victorian Pneumatography." Victorians Institute Journal (1997).
British Romantic Literature
American Nature Writing
Literature and Ethics
Woodworking and Furniture History (January term)
Introduction to Literary Studies
British Literature II
Areas of Interest
Nineteenth-century British literature
Woodworking & material culture