The winners for the 11th Annual Homegrown Film Festival were announced after the screening on Wednesday, May 2. The top prize, Best in Show, went to "It's Been My Salvation" by Early College Student Eric Xu. The film was completed for THEA 161: Documentary Production.
Other prizes included:
- Friend Speaks My Mind Award - "Triple Threat" by Livia Zuleta
- Directing Award - "A Journey in Food: Across the Silk Road" by Christopher Collins and Billie Dunn-McMartin
- Artistic Vision Award - "Make Good Things" by Jonah Woodstock
- Storytelling Award - "My Faith to Follow God" by Cathy Nguyen
- Best Sound Design - "Ledge Built Smedgmilt" by Jonah Woodstock and John Hughes
Jurors for the film festival were Ara Serjoie, Zachary Kronisch ('14) and Joshua Waterstone, Assistant Professor of Art at GTCC. The Homegrown Film Festival is produced by Photo and Film Club in conjunction with the film studies minor at Guilford College.