Eighteen films premiered at the 10th-annual Homegrown Film Festival on April 28. “B,” a film Olivia Winder ’19 made for FYS101: Filming the Personal Narrative, was named Best in Show.
The festival presented six other prizes:
- Friend Speaks My Mind Award — “Roy” by Erin Kye
- Directing Award — “Losing Oneself” by Eric Kelley
- Visual Aesthetic Award — “Guilford Stories, Animated” by Christopher Perez
- Storytelling Award — “Beyond the Bubble” by Olivia Winder & “The Blonde Asian” by Gillian Sherman
- Best Score — “Dream Big” by Oliver Kinkel
- Social Impact Award — “Break the Binary” by Rebecca Levi-Hamilton
Beth Rushing, Jim Hood, Mark Dixon and Amy Costa served as jurors for the film festival, which is produced by the Photo and Film Club in conjunction with film studies.