Sign up for the first annual Guilford Day of Service to help strengthen the College and Greensboro communities. The College is seeking both volunteers and community partners for the event on Saturday, Sept. 27.
Student-led groups will work with community partners across Greensboro in a variety of ways. Projects include activities like cleaning up trails, processing food bank donations, registering voters, painting murals and setting up community gardens at elementary schools.
Students can register as individuals or as part of a group, such as a club, sports team or residence hall. Faculty and staff are invited to register as well. The first 200 volunteers to register will receive a Day of Service T-shirt.
For more information and to register, visit the Guilford Day of Service page.
Graduates will participate in the event through the Alumni Day of Service, working alongside students at Greensboro sites and at additional sites in New York and Washington.
The Day of Service reestablishes the College Work Day tradition, in which the campus unified in support of projects like excavating the land that is now the Guilford Lake. It is an opportunity for the College community to unite and apply our Core Values as members of the Greensboro community.
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. – Gathering and opening remarks (light breakfast provided)
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Service at community sites
- 1:30 p.m. – Celebration picnic and reflection on campus
COMMUNITY PARTNER INFORMATION
If you have a project for a group of students on this day and during this time, please register your project. The deadline to register your project is Friday, Sept. 5. If you have any additional questions about project registration, please email email@example.com.
- Bonner Center for Community Service and Learning
- Center for Continuing Education Student Government Association
- Center for Principled Problem Solving
- Community Senate
- Guilford College Alumni Association
- Office of Student Leadership and Engagement