The Board of Trustees, at their final meeting of the academic year May 30, promoted the following faculty members:
Associate to Full Professor
- Hollyce C. Giles, Justice & Policy Studies
- Karen M. Tinsley, Psychology
Assistant to Associate Professor
- Alfonso Abad Mancheño, Foreign Languages
- Damon B. Akins, History
- Craig A. Eilbacher, Sport Studies
- Barbara J. Lawrence, Justice & Policy Studies
- Michele H. Malotky, Biology
In addition, trustees presented resolutions honoring President Kent Chabotar and Board Chair Joseph M. Bryan Jr. Kent steps down as president June 30 after 12 years of service; Joe rotates off the board at the end of the month after 41 years of service, the last 10 as chair.
Trustees named Joe chair emeritus and presented him with a College chair.