Commencement & Graduation Information
Reception for December Graduates
Guilford students completing their degree requirements in December 2013 are invited to a reception in their honor Friday, December 13th at 6 p.m. in the Dining Hall. The purpose of this program is to provide a time for the community to honor students who have successfully completed their degree requirements in December. December graduates are eligible and encouraged to participate in graduation in May 2014.
Graduating in May? Please check the graduation requirements page.
Graduated in July or December 2013? Commencement is held once per year, in May. July and December graduates may participate in the next immediate May ceremony. See you at rehearsal and Commencement!
To receive a diploma or participate in commencement, a student must have satisfied all academic requirements, must have cleared all outstanding accounts with the Office of Student Financial Services and must have no judicial action pending. Diplomas will not be awarded to any students against whom unresolved judicial charges exist.
Important information from IT&S about your e-mail and other accounts:
You may be wondering what you need to do about your accounts and e-mail at Guilford upon graduation. Most of your questions should be answered in this communication.
Log into the computers?
- Your login account at Guilford will be active and accessible for two months after your graduation date.
- You will not have access to printing or Quaker card access.
- You are responsible for following the Network Acceptable Use Policy while accounts are open to you.
- Your Guilford Gmail account will remain active to as you as a Guilford alum.
- We do not suggest that it remain your primary e-mail account.
- You are responsible for following the Network Acceptable Use Policy while your e-mail account is open to you.
What if I return to Guilford for another class or major?
- If you are enrolling at Guilford for the upcoming semester to complete a second major or take another class as a CCE student, your accounts will not be removed.
- If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com or phone the Help Desk at (336) 316-2020. If you have questions regarding Alumni E-mail for Life, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the Class of 2013! You made it!
The Guilford College Alumni Association welcomes 2013 graduates. Your tenure as a Guilford student has ended; however, your place in the community of Guilfordians is just beginning. Your Guilford peers now include nine decades of graduates all over the world.
The mission of the Office of Alumni Relations is to ensure that you experience the kind of support and community you have received while as a student through the association. Your fellow alumni look forward to supporting and learning from you as you connect and contribute as a member of the Alumni Association.
On behalf of the entire Guilford College Alumni Association, the Alumni Association Board of Directors, and the Office of Alumni Relations, again, CONGRATULATIONS!