Commencement & Graduation Information
Graduating in May? Please check the graduation requirements page. Commencement information is below.
Graduated in July or December 2012? Commencement is held once per year, in May. July and December graduates may participate in the next immediate May ceremony. See you at rehearsal and Commencement! (see postcard below for details)
To receive a diploma or participate in commencement, a student must have satisfied all academic requirements, must have cleared all outstanding accounts with the Office of Student Financial Services and must have no judicial action pending. Diplomas will not be awarded to any students against whom unresolved judicial charges exist.
May 2013 Commencement
Congratulations to the Class of 2013!
We look forward to having parents, families and friends join us at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 18, for Commencement in Guilford’s 176th year. A series of programs to celebrate this occasion will take place throughout the weekend. Some programs are specifically for students, while others are for both students and their guests.
The commencement ceremony is scheduled to take place outside on the lawn in front of King Hall. An outdoor program allows graduates to invite an unlimited number of guests to enjoy the beauty of our campus during the ceremony.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will take place in Ragan-Brown Field House. Due to limited seating in the Field House, students will receive complimentary tickets for their guests at Friday’s 2 p.m. rehearsal on Founders lawn. The number of tickets is determined based on the number of graduates and the number of available seats in the venue. In the event the program is moved indoors, tickets for guests will be distributed at the conclusion of rehearsal. Generally, each family is allowed six tickets.
We will offer a walking tour of the Guilford Farm at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 17. Those interested in participating should meet on the front steps of New Garden Hall.
|Still need to order your cap and gown? Visit the Jostens website.|
Important information from IT&S about your e-mail and other accounts:
You may be wondering what you need to do about your accounts and e-mail at Guilford upon graduation. Most of your questions should be answered in this communication.
Log into the computers?
- Your login account at Guilford will be active and accessible until September 1, 2013.
- You will not have access to printing or Quaker card access.
- You are responsible for following the Network Acceptable Use Policy while accounts are open to you.
- Your Guilford Gmail account will remain active to as you as a Guilford alum.
- We do not suggest that it remain your primary e-mail account.
- You are responsible for following the Network Acceptable Use Policy while your e-mail account is open to you.
Alumni e-mail accounts? Yes, it is different than your current Guilford e-mail account. You can have an @alumni.guilford.edu forwarding e-mail account. Here are the guidelines:
- You can go through the alumni website to get this account.
- You must have an outside forwarding address to use this account. We do not recommend using your current @guilford.edu account for this.
- Your account name can be anything you want it to be, but choose it wisely.
What if I return to Guilford for another class or major?
- If you are enrolling at Guilford for the upcoming semester to complete a second major or take another class as a CCE student, your accounts will not be removed.
- If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com or phone the Help Desk at (336) 316-2020. If you have questions regarding Alumni E-mail for Life, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the Class of 2013! You made it!
The Guilford College Alumni Association welcomes 2013 graduates. Your tenure as a Guilford student has ended; however, your place in the community of Guilfordians is just beginning. Your Guilford peers now include nine decades of graduates all over the world.
The mission of the Office of Alumni Relations is to ensure that you experience the kind of support and community you have received while as a student through the association. Your fellow alumni look forward to supporting and learning from you as you connect and contribute as a member of the Alumni Association.
On behalf of the entire Guilford College Alumni Association, the Alumni Association Board of Directors, and the Office of Alumni Relations, again, CONGRATULATIONS!