Celebrate Food Week Oct. 22-26
Food Day is Oct. 24, but Guilford is planning events throughout the week related to the theme of healthy, affordable, sustainable food.
The event is sponsored by Guilford Biology Club, Hunger Fellows, Slow Foods, Center for Principled Problem Solving, Health Science Club, Student Senate, Campus Activities Board, Guilford Film Society and Meriwether-Godsey
Highlights of the week include:
- Food Inc. documentary showing 8-9:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, on Milner/Bryan Lawn
- Nutrition Feedback by Lily Mead 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, in the Gilmer Room, Founders Hall
- Blogger, columnist and author Linda Watson, author of Wildly Affordable Organic: Eat Fabulous Food, Get Healthy and Save the Planet, book signing and video premier 1-2:30 p.m. Oct. 24 in the West Gallery, Founders
- Farmer’s Market 2:30-4:30 p.m. Oct. 24 outside the Grill
- Cooking Lesson with Linda Watson 4:30-6 p.m. Oct. 24 in the Multipurpose Room, Community Center
- Meadowfed 5-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Guilford Farm
- N.C. Hunger Project Photo Exhibit and Presentation by Maureen Berner and Donn Young 7-8:30 p.m. Oct. 25 in the East Gallery, Founders
- FYE Presentations: Food in N.C. 10-11:15 a.m. Friday, Oct. 26, in the West Gallery, Founders
- Frank Massey’s Farm Tour noon-2 p.m. Oct. 26. Those who wish to attend must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. People going on the tour will meet by Bryan Parking Lot.
- Food Safety Presentation by Barbara Kowalcyk, CEO and co-founder of the Center for Food Borne Illness Research and Prevention, 3-4:30 p.m. Oct. 26 in the Carnegie Room, Hege Library
- Fermentation Friday 7-9 p.m. Oct. 26 in the Community Center