Community Meeting Aug. 14: ‘Creating Student Success at Guilford’
The opening community meeting for faculty, staff and administrators is 8:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, at New Garden Friends Meeting.
This annual kickoff event includes remarks from President Kent Chabotar and Vice President and Academic Dean Adrienne Israel as well as introductions of new faculty and staff.
The theme is “Creating Student Success at Guilford,” and the meeting will include presentations from a number of campus departments on the topic.
There will be a break with refreshments. Lunch will not be provided.
Other key dates:
- Aug. 15 — CCE check-in
- Aug. 16 — New traditional student arrival and check-in, campus welcome assembly*, president’s reception*, family reception; new traditional student orientation begins (through Aug. 19)
- Aug. 18 — Continuing traditional student arrival and check-in, CCE orientation
- Aug. 20 — Fall semester classes begin
- Aug. 22 — Opening convocation* and annual college picnic (RSVP needed)*
* Faculty and staff invited to attend