Come Home to Guilford Sept. 27-30
Homecoming at Guilford is about more than a game. It’s a celebration of a place, people and our core values – especially community. At this year’s event we’re expanding our community with the partnership of Family Weekend.
Parents, grandparents, guardians, siblings and extended family of current students are invited to join the celebration of 175 years of Friends education Sept. 27-30. For all the details visit the Homecoming and Family Weekend webpage.
Alumni, friends and family are encouraged to tailgate Saturday near Armfield Athletic Center (space is first come, first served) and take part in the Community Pre-game Party 3-7 p.m. in the Dana Auditorium parking lot with games, music, children’s inflatables, food and other family fun. A pre-game cookout for families will be held 5-7 p.m. outside the stadium.
The jam-packed weekend will feature a number of special events:
- Friends Center will celebrate its 30th anniversary, and the Quaker Leadership Scholars Program will celebrate its 20th.
- President Kent Chabotar, faculty and staff will make Campus Experience Presentations about what’s happening at Guilford.
- Mary Hobbs Hall alumnae will gather again with an eye towards meeting current residents and supporting the renovation of Hobbs.
- Alumni of the theater program, including theater majors, drama and speech majors and Revelers, are invited to perform in the Alumni/Student Showcase on Friday and Saturday nights. A Department of Theater open house and reception also are planned.
- The Harvey Ljung Golf Tournament and the Bill Rogers Tennis Tournament will offer opportunities for fellowship and friendly competition.
- The Guilford Farm will host a lunch featuring homegrown produce.