Bryan Series Subscriptions On Sale
A limited number of new subscriptions for the College’s 2012-13 Bryan Series – $185 per person – now on sale. The speaker series has sold out through subscriptions in three of the past four years.
Held at War Memorial Auditorium, the series will welcome Tina Brown Oct. 23, journalist Tom Brokaw Nov. 29, advocate for children Geoffrey Canada Feb. 10, attorney Caroline Kennedy March 28 and columnist Thomas Friedman April 16.
- Brown is editor-in-chief of The Daily Beast-Newsweek and is regarded as the highest-profile, most talked-about magazine editor in the world.
- A special correspondent for NBC News, Brokaw was anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News for 21 years and has received the Edward R. Murrow Lifetime Achievement Award, a dozen Emmys, two Peabody and two duPont awards.
- Canada is president and chief executive officer of Harlem Children’s Zone, a nonprofit that targets 100 blocks of the New York neighborhood with comprehensive services for 10,000 children, following them from birth to college.
- The daughter of the 35th president, Kennedy is an attorney and the editor of nine New York Times best-selling books on constitutional law, American history, politics and poetry.
- Friedman is an op-ed columnist for The New York Times and a three-time recipient of the Pulitzer Prize for his international reporting and commentary.