Faculty Lead “Reflections on 9/11” Panel Sept. 11
Friends Center at Guilford College will present a panel discussion entitled “Ten Years After: Academic Reflections on 9/11,” on Sunday, Sept. 11, from 7-9 p.m. in Joseph M. Bryan Jr. Auditorium.
The panel will feature eight members of the Guilford community reflecting on what we have learned in since the twin towers fell. Faculty and staff will share around many of the aspects of the cultural impact of this single event.
- Eric Mortensen, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
- Zhihong Chen, Assistant Professor of History
- Daniel Rhodes, Visiting Instructor in Justice and Policy Studies
- Ken Gilmore, Associate Professor of Political Science
- Bob Williams, Professor of Economics
- Parveen Hasanali, Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
- Jeremy Rinker, Visiting Assistant Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies
The panel will be moderated by Max Carter, director of Friends Center and coordinator of Campus Ministry.
Bryan Auditorium is located in Frank Family Science Center. Parking is available in the lot at New Garden Road and Arcadia Drive/George White Road.