Library Reserve Request
Hege Library Reserve Collection Guidelines for Use
Faculty members or their departmental assistants should bring the item (s) to be put on reserve to the circulation desk of the library. A reserve form should be filled out for each item. Paper forms are available on the counter at the Circulation Desk.
Please note the following:
- New professors must be put in the system with their Quaker card number.
- Loan periods are for 3 hours during the day or overnight (to be charged out at 10:30 p.m. and due back by 9 a.m. the next day.
- Please indicate if you want an item to be allowed to leave the library overnight, or specify that you prefer that it be for library use only. (3 hour checkout)
- Please indicate the title of the item exactly as it will be assigned to the students in class. This will save time for everyone when trying to list and/or access the item on reserve. Put class name and number also.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for processing reserve items.
- Items from other libraries may not be placed on Reserve. Normal check-out for materials from other institutions is 30 days. Items may be recalled by the home institution if a faculty member or student needs them; therefore, items from another institution cannot be held an entire semester for the purpose of keeping them on reserve. This is a standard agreement among libraries that we honor.
- Please do not put irreplaceable items on reserve. We cannot guarantee items will not be stolen or damaged. We do not have confined reading rooms or staff to supervise the use of materials once they leave the circulation desk; therefore, we prefer not to be responsible for materials that cannot be easily replaced.
Please call the Circulation Manager at X2251 with any unusual problems or requests. Student assistants do not place items on reserve or handle requests that are out of the ordinary; therefore, it is best to contact the Circulation Manager or the Access Services Assistant at X2439 with special requests or needs.
Please read and observe the Hege Library Collection Policies and Copyright Law regulations outlined on the library website.