For students ages 23 and older, please see the Adult Programs Visit Page for campus visit information, open houses, and information sessions.
Campus Visits (for students under the age of 23)
We welcome your visit throughout the year and will strive to personalize your visit so you may learn about the factors most important to your college search!
Individual visits can be scheduled via the web. If you have special circumstances, please call our office at (800)-992-7759. Campus visits are available by appointment. A typical visit includes an information session led by an Admission Counselor followed by a student-led tour. Please plan to arrive on campus at least 15 minutes before the scheduled visit time, as sessions will promptly start on time.
Campus Visit Information
During the fall and spring semesters, campus visits are available Monday through Friday at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., and 2 p.m., except on Wednesdays, when visits are only available at 9:30 and 11 a.m. On Saturdays during fall and spring semesters, official campus visits are offered at 10:30 a.m. only. Please note that individual meetings with admission counselors, class visits, professor meetings, and lunch buddies are not available on Saturdays. Campus visits are not offered on Sundays.
- Class visits, professor meetings and lunch buddies are only available when classes are in session during fall and spring semesters. These activities are no longer available and will resume January 27th, lasting until May 9th.
- Saturday visits are no longer available and will resume February 1st. The final Saturday visit of the spring semester will be May 10th. Regularly-scheduled Saturday visits will not be available on March 29th or April 12th due to our open house programs.
- On the following dates, the Admission Office will offer a limited weekday visit schedule with visits only being offered at 9:30 am and 2:00 pm: December 9th – December 20th, January 2nd – January 24th, March 17th – 21st.
- The Admission Office will be closed on the following dates and visits will not be available: December 21st – January 1st, January 20th, March 15th, March 22nd
- The Admission Office hosts overnight visits for admitted students during the spring semester (February 2nd – May 9th) only with at least 10 days notice. Overnight visits are conducted Sunday-Thursday evenings for a one-night stay only. Prospective students will arrive to campus at 5 pm meet their host and then attend classes and appointments the following day. In order to set up the best possible visit, these appointments must be made by calling our office at (800) 992-7759.
- Guilford provides complimentary shuttle service from the Greensboro Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) to campus for admitted students who are traveling unaccompanied. Please request shuttle service from the Admission Office, if necessary, when you arrange your campus visit.
- Guilford does not provide complimentary shuttle service from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) or Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) to campus. Students and families are responsible for arranging and paying for their own shuttle service to campus from these airports. For more information, visit GFW Shuttle Services.
Schedule An Individual Visit Now
More details about options for customizing your visit can be reviewed below.
Open House Programs
Spring Open Houses
Guilford Undergraduate Symposium (G.U.S.) Open House (All prospective students)
March 7, 2014
Spring into Guilford Open House (Admitted students only)
March 29, 2014
Spring into Guilford II Open House (Admitted students only)
April 12, 2014
Register below for our Spring Open Houses.
Meeting with an Admission Counselor
Approximately 45 minutes
We offer individual meetings with Admission Counselors to high school seniors, transfer students (under the age of 23) and high school juniors (on a space available basis). Individual meetings with Admission Counselors may be available upon request, but are not required. Students must indicate their request for an individual meeting with an Admission Counselor when scheduling their visit by either clicking the appropriate box on the online Schedule Your Visit form. We may also offer regional meetings with Admission Counselors or alumni. Find your counselor to see if they will be offering individual meetings in a city near you. Schedule is subject to change during holidays and college breaks. Individual meetings with Admission Counselors are not available on Saturdays.
Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
Please allow two weeks notice to schedule a class visit or professor meeting
Lunch with a Student
Approximately 45 minutes
Please allow two weeks notice to schedule a lunch buddy.
During the fall and spring semesters, you may request a “lunch buddy” to eat in our cafeteria with you during your campus visit. This is a great opportunity to meet more of the Guilford community. Your family is welcome to join you at a rate of $4.53 per person. Lunch buddies are not available on Saturdays.
If you wish to meet with an athletic coach during your campus visit, please contact the coach directly to schedule an appointment. Athletic coaches’ contact information can be found in the Guilford Athletics Staff Directory. Please note that some coaches may not be available during the summer months.