Methods of Payment
The College provides students the convenience of using credit or debit cards to pay tuition, fees, and other enrollment-related costs. However, the fees paid to financial institutions for accepting credit and debit card payments have cost Guilford College about $150,000 annually. We understand why families might choose such payment methods, but we believe these funds are best spent supporting our educational mission. The changes summarized below are necessary to continue accepting credit and debit card payments, and these changes have been implemented effective July 1, 2013.
- Payments of tuition, fees, room and board, and other enrollment-related charges made with VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express cards will be assessed a non-refundable 2.75% convenience fee.
- Families wishing to avoid convenience fee charges are encouraged to use online checks, ACH payments, wire transfers, personal checks, or other available payment options.
- Credit or debit card payments for tuition, fees, room and board, and other enrollment-related charges are now only accepted through our online payment portal. Credit or debit card payments cannot be accepted over the telephone.
- The only forms of payment accepted in the Student Financial Services (SFS) office for paying tuition and other enrollment-related charges are cash, check or money order. Online access is provided to SFS visitors wishing to make payments through our internet payment portal.
- Payment can be made using My Payment Plan (MPP), our interest-free monthly payment plan with an enrollment fee of $35. If you wish to enroll in this automatic payment plan, log into your CASHNet account and select “Click here to enroll in a payment plan for the current term.”
MPP plans do not rollover from semester to semester, and students must re-enroll in a new payment plan each semester. For more information, please refer to the Truth in Lending Act disclosures, terms, and conditions of your tuition payment plan.
- Accounts may be settled with financial aid funds. Please contact the Student Financial Services Office at (336)-316-2541 or (336) 316-2354 for more information.
- Please note that the payment deadline for the fall 2013 semester is August 1st.
ONCE REGISTERED, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ENROLLED AT GUILFORD COLLEGE AND FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHARGES. IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO ATTEND CLASSES, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE APPROPRIATE OFFICE TO OFFICIALLY WITHDRAW.
Traditional first year students should contact the First Year Center. All other traditional students should contact the Office of Campus Life to process withdrawals from school effective at the end of the semester.
Online Payment and Billing System
To view your current account information, make a payment, enroll in a payment plan, or set up a parent PIN:
- Log into BannerWeb
- Select “Student Records”
- Select “Account Summary by Term”
- Select “Make a Payment” (located at the bottom of the screen)
If a student chooses to create a parent PIN, parents or other authorized users can make payments by visiting https://commerce.cashnet.com/guilfordpay.