The January Term immerses students and faculty in intensive educational experiences that are deliberately innovative and experiential with the explicit goals of encouraging self-motivated independent learning and the ability to understand issues and concepts in action.
Guilford Alumni are invited to participate in the Guilford College January Term activities.
The 2014 January Term begins on Friday, January 3 and ends on Friday, January 24.
Deliberately Innovative and Experiential
Visit these web pages to learn more about:
- Guilford Connects experiential learning
- Internships and career development
- Study abroad and study trips
- Principled problem solving projects and civic engagement through the Center for Principled Problem Solving
- Community service and activities through the Friends Center or the Bonner Center for Community Learning
- Research projects
- Documenting and reflecting on your experiences using the Guilford Connects e-portfolio.
Students who wish to propose an independent study should print and submit the January Term Independent Study registration form.