Project Community is a student-run (volunteer and Work-Study) community service organization that provides Guilford students with a chance to engage in meaningful service opportunities (on-campus and off-campus) through various civic engagement projects and volunteer opportunities.
To implement this goal, Project Community:
- Works very closely with the Bonner Center for Community Service and Learning to operate an office that directly links individual students, organizations, faculty, and staff with community service opportunities on campus, in Guilford County, and in surrounding counties.
- Keeps the Guilford community informed about involvement opportunities through various marketing strategies, publicity, and promotion techniques.
- Supports community outreach programs, special events, and programming that is engaged in service or issues of social change, anti-racism, and cultural understanding.
- Consults with Guilford students to develop and nurture projects and ideas that educate and encourage individuals to promote a socially, economically, and politically equitable and just community.
- Assists student leaders (project coordinators) of community outreach projects/sites with administrative tasks, logistics, and publicity of special events, transportation, moral support, and securing volunteers.
We can be reached at email@example.com.