Conflict Resolution Center
Have you been stressed by problems related to your roommate, fellow student, significant other, noise, ethnic and life-style tensions, family disputes, student/faculty conflicts or other interpersonal problems?
CONFLICT HURTS, BUT . . . we believe working though it in a neutral, comfortable and safe environment strengthens relationships greatly. You don’t have to keep fighting, hiding or give up!
We Can Help
The CRRC at Guilford College offers an effective approach to resolving conflicts that inevitably occur among people living in a close community. Our style of conflict resolution is compatible with the Quaker tradition of understanding, listening and cooperation.
The Kinds of Services & Activities We Provide
- CRRC speakers for groups such as classes, residence hall gatherings and student organizations to provide educational programs related to conflict management.
- expert advice on how you can resolve conflicts yourself.
- facilitation services for running tough meetings in your own organization or between organizations.
- Mediation for interpersonal conflict.
- Mediation for groups or committees working on policy issues.
The Center is…
- a safe environment to resolve conflicts
- available at any time
- conveniently located
- free for students, faculty and staff
If you have any questions about the appropriateness of mediation, call for free, confidential information. If you decide you would like to try mediation, we can invite the other party(ies) for you.
The Center is not…
- a replacement of the legal system
- personal or marital counseling
- a replacement for the College judicial system
- a court which finds a party guilty or innocent
Want to Become Involved?
We are always looking for folks who are interested in volunteering at the center. We provide mediation training services at least twice a year. The CRRC involves students, faculty and staff in a unique collaborative effort. The center receives support from a wide range of campus offices, programs and organizations.
If you are interested in becoming involved or supporting the CRRC, please let us know.
King Hall 227
Campus Telephone: (336) 316-2446
Campus Telephone: (336) 316-2840
Campus Telephone: (336) 316-2222