The Board of Trustees has launched the search for Guilford College’s ninth president. In March 2013, President Kent John Chabotar announced his retirement effective June 30, 2014. Kent has served as president since 2002. Trustee chair Joseph M. Bryan Jr. ’60 selected a 15-member search committee that was approved by the board in June 2013. Trustee Carole W. Bruce is chair of the committee.
The position specification is intended to provide information about Guilford College and the position of president. It is designed to assist qualified individuals in assessing their interest in the position. It was developed by the Witt/Kieffer executive search firm with input from Guilford trustees, the Presidential Search Committee, faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Carole Bruce, Trustee, Presidential Search Committee Chair
- Joyce Eaton, Liaison
- Daryle Bost ’93, Trustee
- Vic Cochran ’71, Trustee
- Ed Winslow, Trustee, Board Chair-Elect
- Kathy Coe, Trustee Emerita
- David Dobson, Professor of Geology
- Barbara Lawrence, Assistant Professor of Justice and Policy Studies
- Kami Rowan, Associate Professor of Music
- Sandy Pearman ’80, Director of Enrollment Information (Admission & Financial Aid)
- Suzanne Ingram, Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing – Outreach (Advancement)
- Jon Varnell, Vice President for Administration
- Lyes Benarbane ’14
- Jessica Hilliard ’15, Treasurer, CCE Student Government Association
- Bradley Anderson ’77, President-Elect, Alumni Association
- Paul Kress ’82, Board of Visitors
The Presidential Search Committee is interested in your comments, suggestions, and questions related to the presidential search process.
To contact the search committee chair, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.