- the 19th Century Holiness Revival
- the Underground Railroad
- African nationalism
- Africans in the Second World War
- African American History
- The Underground Railroad
- Africa since 1800
- Africa before 1800
Community and Campus Involvement
- Amanda Berry Smith: From Washerwoman to Evangelist (Scarecrow Press, 1998), published in a series entitled Studies in Evangelicalism, edited by Donald Dayton, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Kenneth Rowe, Drew University Theological School and cited as one of Ten Outstanding Books on Urban Missions for 1998.
- “Ex-Servicemen at the Crossroads: Protest and Politics in Post-War Ghana,” The Journal of Modern African Studies Vol. 30, No. 2 (June, 1992).
- “Measuring the War Experience: Ghanaian Soldiers in World War II” The Journal of Modern African Studies, Vol. 25, No. 1 (March 1987).