“I enjoy reading about well-known mathematicians and their contributions, and working such information into my courses where appropriate.”
- Continuum theory
- Ordered topological spaces
All math courses at all levels, including:
- Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
- Foundations of Mathematics
- All levels of Calculus
- Numerical Analysis
- Algebraic Structures
- Charles A. Dana Scholarship, 1964-65
- Western Electric Fund Scholarship
- National Academy of Sciences Exchange Scientist, 1973-74
- “Monotone decompositions of irreducible Hausdorff continua,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics 36 (1971), 647-658.
- “Arc components of chainable Hausdorff continua” (with Sam B. Nadler, Jr.), General Topology and its Applications 3 (1973), 63-76.
- “The shape classification of torus-like and (n-sphere)-like continua” (with Carl Eberhart and John Mack), General Topology and its Applications 4 (1974), 85-94.
- “Characterizing local connectedness in inverse limits” (with S. Mardesic), Pacific Journal of Mathematics 58 (1975), 411-417.
- “Monotone retracts and some characterizations of dendrites” (with Lewis Lum), Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 59 (1976), 156-158.
Campus and Community Involvement
- Chair of Mathematics Department
- Clerk of the Faculty
- Chair of the Admissions Committee
- Chair of the Education Studies Committee
- Chair of the Faculty Affairs Committee
- Service on other campus committees