The mission of the Office of Advancement is to generate financial support and encourage participation, loyalty and personal investment among the Guilford College community.
We work to provide for the resources to maintain and improve the College’s financial strength and solvency in order to enhance the quality of education available to our students, further the value of that education to alumni and future alumni, fulfill the professional needs of our faculty and staff, and nurture the bonds between the campus and external partners.
As a results-oriented office, the Office of Advancement supports the priorities of Guilford
- Ethically and effectively identifying, researching, cultivating and soliciting prospects and donors, with a focus on expanding philanthropy in support of the College;
- Promoting the programs and values of the College to alumni, parents, friends, the media and the public on a local, regional and national basis;
- Communicating and supporting the College’s stated priority needs;
- Fostering an intellectual and social community for alumni, donors and friends through homecoming, major speaker events, local and regional alumni events and service projects.
- Accurately depositing, receipting and acknowledging charitable donations; and
- Keeping fundraising costs to a minimum.
The Office of Advancement supports the College’s sustained commitment to teaching and graduating leaders in order to strengthen its national and regional identity as the outstanding small, values-oriented liberal arts college in the Southeast.